Careers at SPCA New Zealand
Retail Assistant – Waikato SPCA Op-Shop
Location: Waikato SPCA Op Shop, Dinsdale, Hamilton
Part time, 12 hours per week, permanent paid position
Are you motivated, well organised, professional retail superstar that's passionate about animal welfare? If so, this role could just be for you!
The SPCA in Waikato are currently seeking a person for the position of part-time op shop assistant to help with our Dinsdale Op-Shop in Hamilton. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual with a positive attitude who wants to play a part in helping the animals of the Waikato by raising money through selling donated goods. No two days are the same with lots of variety each day.
This position at times will be sole charge. Hours are 12 hours per week (weekend work included) although flexibility is a must as extra holiday cover maybe required.
What we are looking for:
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in retail with cash handling and excellent interpersonal skills. You must have a can do attitude with amazing customer service skills. You will need to be flexible with work times, outstanding communication skills and great attention to detail.
- Helping customers with purchases and general enquires
- Pricing, sorting, cleaning and general appraisal of all donated well.
- Managing the shop when required
- Volunteer supervision - work and supervise volunteers to help run the shop smoothly.
- Merchandising and op shop presentation
- Sorting and managing donations (some physical lifting required)
- Local marketing initiatives
- Retail sales, administration and reporting
- Applicants must have a full clean drivers licence
- Leadership experience would be advantage
- Op Shop/Sales experience would be an advantage
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- A positive, friendly and can-do attitude
- Good computer skills
- Exceptional organisation and time management skills
- Flexible, professional and pro-active team approach
- The ability to work to a budget, meet deadlines and achieve KPI's
Please apply via SEEK to Laura Van Der Kley, Centre Manager, Waikato SPCA with your CV and cover letter outlining your interest in the role and how your skills match the criteria. Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
Applications close at 4pm on Thursday November 23rd 2017.
Health and Safety Training Coordinator
Location: SPCA Auckland Centre, Mangere
Contract: 12 month fixed-term
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
The SPCA is a charity that helps protect animals who are sick, injured, lost, abused or simply abandoned. Every year, our 40 SPCA Centres across the country receive over 45,000 animals through their doors and 14,000 animal welfare complaints.
We are seeking a confident and highly organised person who can deliver the organisations health and safety training needs and assist in the management of the health and safety systems of the SPCA Auckland Centre.
You will provide ongoing quality-focused health and safety inductions and training for the staff and volunteers at the centre. You will draw on your previous coordination experience to deliver a robust health & safety training system to align with legislation and our organisational goals. You will also monitor and audit implementation of health and safety SOP’s (‘How To’s’) to ensure competent training is being provided and competency is achieved.
This is what we are looking for:
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven background in the training field which might include a Level 3 or Level 4 certificate.
- Previous experience in the field of Health and Safety.
- Previous proven training or induction experience and/or qualifications.
- A sound understanding and empathy with the goals and values of the SPCA.
- Sound computer skills including the use of e-mail, internet and Microsoft Office applications.
- Skills in database management and accurate data entry.
- Strong communication and literacy skills – verbal and written.
- Excellent time management, organisational and planning ability.
- Excellent inter-personal skills - ability to build rapport with others.
- Ability to motivate and encourage others to learn and develop.
- Ability to work cohesively and effectively with all SPCA staff and Volunteers.
Please apply via SEEK to Tracy Dunn, Animal Services Manager with your CV and cover letter outlining your interest in the role and how your skills match the criteria.
Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
A position description is available on request from email@example.com.
Applications close at 4pm on Wednesday December 6th 2017.
Casual Vet Nurse
Location: Auckland SPCA, Mangere
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need since 1883. SPCA Auckland cares for animals that have been lost, abandoned, injured, or abused. We service the whole Auckland region between Port Waikato to Wellsford.
Our dedicated team of Vet Nurses provide professional support to our hospital vets to achieve the best outcome for animals. The successful applicant will demonstrate a high level of professionalism and empathy, and as part of the team, ensure that the animals receive best practice care and treatment.
We are able to offer the successful applicant a great team to work with, a unique, challenging environment and an opportunity to further develop and strengthen your nursing skills.
This role could suit a new graduate or student nurse.
If you are interested in a role where no two days are the same, and the work you do every day makes a difference to the lives of animals in need, we want to hear from you.
If you'd like to use your skills to really make a difference, and you match the above criteria we would love to hear from you!
Please apply via SEEK to Dash Balachandran, Head Nurse with your CV and cover letter outlining your interest in the role and how your skills match the criteria.
Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered. A position description is available on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 4pm on 24th November 2017.
Please contact your local SPCA centre for other opportunities.