Careers at SPCA New Zealand
Auckland SPCA, Mangere
Part-time (32 hours per week) permanent position
Do you have excellent people skills and a passion for animal welfare? Then we may have the job for you.
The Auckland SPCA has a position available as a team member of our very busy Canine team.The position is 32 hours a week and the hours are 7.30am – 4.30pm including weekends and public holidays and flexibility in regard to days and hours of work is a must. The position will be busy, exciting, challenging and you would be working with like minded people who get the opportunity to make a difference every day.Duties will include:
To be successful in your application you need to have the following values and skills:PERSON SPECIFICATION:
- Assisting with incoming dogs & general care of the dogs in the village including feeding, cleaning and administering medication
- Monitoring animal health and behaviour
- Enhancing opportunities for socialisation, enrichment and behaviour modification for the dogs in the shelter
- Dealing with enquiries regarding adoption of dogs in person, via phone or website
- Co coordinating volunteers working in the Canine areas
- Working with other departments to ensure the canine area is functioning well and goals are being achieved
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience and evidence based skills in animal care, behaviour and training
- Experience working as an effective and positive team member
- Applicable tertiary qualification e.g. animal care, animal welfare, canine training and behaviour would be preferable.
Skills & Abilities:
Equipment used and/or technology skills:
- Good communication skills.
- Good inter-personal skills - ability to build rapport with staff, volunteers, other stakeholders and suppliers.
- Good dog skills
- Active, physically able to cope with the rigor of the job
- Sound computer skills including the use of e-mail, internet and Microsoft Office applications
- Full, current New Zealand driver’s licence
If you are the person we are looking for please apply to Ashley Phipps via SEEK. Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted. Applications close 5pm Sunday 29th October 2017.
- Professional in approach, open and engaging in manner.
- Motivated and enthusiastic to make a difference.
- Good at getting things done – a doer, action oriented, hard working
- Demonstrates a clear commitment to the values of the SPCA Auckland.
Please contact your local SPCA centre for other opportunities.